Uncompromised natural beauty and thin, high-elevation air combine to make a Crested Butte golf outing an exciting and challenging day at the links.
- Both Crested Butte-area golf courses are semi-private, but open to the public.
- The Crested Butte golf course is located at The Club at Crested Butte.
- An 18-hole round at The Club costs $135.
- Private instruction is available at The Club and Dos Rios.
It's well worth your time to squeeze in a round or two of Crested Butte golf.
Where to go golfing
The Club at Crested Butte
- Location – The course is located south of downtown Crested Butte off the intersection of Highway 135 and Brush Creek Road, then Skyland to Country Club Drive.
- Course Description – This 7,200-yard, par-72 Robert Trent Jones design features 18 challenging holes against a backdrop of majestic mountains.
- Greens Fees – Open from June 17 to September 16, 2013, The Club charges $149 for 18 holes and $85 for nine. Fees go down after 3 PM.
- Contact Information – Go to the website or call (970) 349-8603.
- Location – Dos Rios is located west of downtown Gunnison off Highway 50. At 1 mile past the river, look for signs on your left.
- Course Description – A classic Colorado golfing experience, this 6,566-yard, par-71 course has water on 17 holes.
- Greens Fees – Greens fees vary from $40 for 9 holes in the off season (April 1 to May 21 and October 1 to October 31) to $70 for 18 in high season.
- Contact Information – Go to www.dosriosgolf.net or call (970) 641-1482
- Golf Courses Guide
Find the basics on golf courses world wide, no frills.