Put the rubber to the road (paved and gravel) with the motorcycle tour of a lifetime starting out in Crested Butte.
- Rent a motorcycle in Gunnison starting at $150 a day with price-per-day dropping the longer the rental.
- From Crested Butte, motor over Kebler and Cottonwood passes – two well-maintained gravel roads that lead to great destinations.
- Hook up with one of several motorcycle tour companies that host guided rides through the Crested Butte area.
The Crested Butte area is a great launching pad for motorcycle touring throughout the Colorado’s central and southern Rocky Mountains.
Where to go motorcycle touring
Check out these great motorcycle rides in the Crested Butte area:
- A fantastic ride is Highway 135 through Crested Butte over Kebler Pass to Glenwood Springs. Motorcycle touring hardly gets better. Plan a fall ride for maximum Aspen leaf regalia.
- Go east at Almont (located south of Crested Butte), then ascend Taylor Canyon to Cottonwood Pass and finish in the riverside town of Buena Vista.
Guided Tours & Rentals
Several companies offer guided motorcycle tours in the Crested Butte area as part of a larger itinerary. These vary in length and cost, so contacting a number of companies will give you a good idea of what’s available.
You can pick up a motorcycle rental in Gunnison starting at $150 a day. Renters must have a valid drivers’ license and be at least 25 years old.