- Many Crested Butte mountain bike trails can be accessed right from town.
- Guided Crested Butte bike tours offer a great introduction to the area's storied singletrack.
- Rent a full-suspension mountain bike for about $60 a day.
- Stay on pavement with the leisurely Mount Crested Butte rec path.
Crested Butte biking draws visitors from all over the world for a lifetime's worth of downhill and cross country trails.
Where to go biking
In addition to the lift-accessed resort riding, check out these recommended trails:
- Dyke Trail: This mix of singletrack and dirt road bursting with Aspens makes a great fall ride
- Lower Loop: A mellow ride with several variations, Lower Loop is a locals' favorite.
- Teocalli Ridge: This doubletrack classic is known for commanding views.
While the dirt trails will keep you busy, roadies shouldn't miss out on some great road biking on Highway 135 and the rec path connecting Crested Butte and Mount Crested Butte.
Guided Tours & Rentals
Crested Butte bike guides take riding seriously – seriously fun! Research the many guided options and find a tour that's right for you.
Rent a quality Crested Butte mountain bike from several different shops in Crested Butte, Mt. Crested Butte and Gunnison.