- Mt. Crested Butte is the base village serving Crested Butte Mountain Resort.
- The town is three miles north of Crested Butte on Gothic Road.
- Mt. Crested Butte is an island surrounded by a sea of wild public land.
- Numerous restaurants, spas and shops offer enticing off-mountain diversions.
Mount Crested Butte sits at the base of Crested Butte Mountain Resort with direct access to some of Colorado's finest skiing, hiking and mountain biking.
Location & Information
Mt. Crested Butte is located 3 miles north of Crested Butte on Gothic Road. It is the base village for Crested Butte Mountain Resort. For more information, go to www.mtcrestedbuttecolorado.us or call (970) 349-6632.
Sure, there are several good restaurants, spas and shops, but Mt. Crested Butte is all about year-round outdoor adventure. Here is just a sample:
- Roll out of town and straight onto superb single-track mountain biking on Trails 401 and 403 north on Gothic Road.
- Fly fishing and whitewater kayaking hardly gets any better than on the Taylor River south of town.
- There are over 500 miles of mountain bike and dirt bike trails outside town.
- Mt. Crested Butte is surrounded on all sides by public land.
- Nordic ski, walk or bike the paved path to Crested Butte town.